I have been lucky to sit at the feet of many great teachers over the years. I am thankful to them all.
- My first training was in reiki and energetic systems (Level II reiki initiated, 2009) at Orion Healing Centre.
Asana and yoga philosophy:
- One of my first regular teachers in power yoga was Bryce Tunny. Bryce’s powerful combination of philosophy and asana challenged me in all the right ways. In 2015 I studied yin yoga (30hrs) with him.
- I completed my initial teacher trainings in power vinyasa with Power Living Australia Melbourne (2015) under the guidance of Cassie Lee, Manoj Dias, and Chris Wilson. These dynamic teachers inspired me greatly, and I continue to practice with Cassie whenever I can.
- I also studied power vinyasa (‘The anatomy of flow’) with Sadie Nardini online (20hrs) in 2015.
Philosophy, meditation, pranayama, mantra, and subtle practices:
- With Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine (workshops; intensive training, 2016), I’ve explored the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, the illuminations of contemporary cognitive studies, and the wonder of dance.
- I’ve studied maitri and parts work meditation (2019) through online courses with Ralph de la Rosa.
- In 2020 I studied subtle practices of yoga (50hr) online with Rose Baudin and Bess Prescott and Tahl Rinsky of Creature Yoga.
- In 2020 I studied Tantra and yoga (50hr) with Dr Carlos Pomeda and Bess Prescott and Tahl Rinsky of Creature Yoga.
Other embodied exploration:
- Dr Scott Lyons‘ somatic stress release (30hr level I, 2019) is a powerful multi-modality approach to discharging stress and mobilising energy, and has been a life-line in times of upheaval.
- Training in butoh and physical theatre with Zen Zen Zo helped me discover the balance between discipline and play.
- Saara Ropella (Kimera Productions)’s butoh mentorship has taught me the importance of creative dedication, spiritual roots, and embracing the weird.
- Gems from training in pain-free movement with Jackson Lennan (movement4) often sneak into my movement classes.