I have been lucky to sit at the feet of many great teachers over the years. I am thankful to them all.
Asana and yoga philosophy:
- One of my first regular teachers in power yoga was Bryce Tunny. Bryce’s powerful combination of philosophy and asana challenged me in all the right ways. In 2015 I studied yin yoga (30hrs) with him.
- I completed my initial teacher trainings in power vinyasa with Power Living Australia Melbourne (200hrs, 2015) under the guidance of Cassie Lee, Manoj Dias, and Chris Wilson. These dynamic teachers inspired me greatly, and I continue to practice with Cassie whenever I can.
- I also studied power vinyasa (‘The anatomy of flow’) with Sadie Nardini online (20hrs) in 2015.
- I formalised my long-standing self-directed study in trauma informed yoga (30hr, 2021) through training with Mei Lai Swan of Yoga for Humankind.
Philosophy, meditation, pranayama, mantra, and subtle practices:
- Since 2019 my primary meditation practice is based in maitri and parts work meditation through courses and private mentorship with Ralph de la Rosa.
- With Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine (workshops; intensive training, 2015 and 2016), I’ve explored the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, the illuminations of contemporary cognitive studies, and the wonder of dance.
- In 2020 I studied subtle practices of yoga (50hr) online with Rose Baudin and Bess Prescott and Tahl Rinsky of Creature Yoga.
- In 2020 I studied Tantra and yoga (50hr) with Dr Carlos Pomeda and Bess Prescott and Tahl Rinsky of Creature Yoga.
- I practice meditation and pranayama online with Manoj Dias through the O-p-e-n.
Other embodied practices:
- Dr Scott Lyons‘ somatic stress release (30hr level I, 2019) is a powerful multi-modality approach to discharging stress and mobilising energy, and has been a life-line in times of upheaval.
- I studied embodied antiracism with Francesca Marguerite Maximé in 2021.
- Training in butoh and physical theatre with Zen Zen Zo helped me discover the balance between discipline and play.
- Saara Ropella (Kimera Productions)’s butoh mentorship has taught me the importance of creative dedication, spiritual roots, and embracing the weird.
- Gems from training in pain-free movement with Jackson Lennan (movement4) often sneak into my movement classes.